July 06, 2012

The power of Mr. Ali


Muhammad Ali, photographed by Howard L. Bingham.

I was in Brussels the other day, and in the basement of the Taschen store, I stumbled upon an original print of this photo.

It is an incredibly powerful image. Even if you wouldn't know a single thing about Muhammad Ali, this photo tells you that he is no ordinary man. His eyes ooze determination while he casually points at what could be the most insignificant thing. No matter what he points at, boys and girls will turn their heads in awe. Like a god from a cloud, Ali guides the people from his Cadillac.

Priced at €10,000, the print was slightly above my budget. Then again, the photo was signed by The Greatest himself. For now, I guess I'll just have to add this book to my wish list instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...and by this blog, I don't try to impress the world.

Comments are loved, by the way.