March 30, 2014

Clandestine

Unbranded batik dress, Fladeo shoes

Self-confession: I've never learnt this much about life and its unique people before as much as I have through ask.fm. I often get asked about people saying that they're insecure with their body size and for not being a size zero. Welp, you're asking the right person. Honestly, if you look back at my past, I was a huge mess that no society would accept me for who I was. Changing was needed, but I was too afraid because I didn't know who I was going to be if I changed myself. Senior high school, I must say, the place where it all happened. My ever changing personality grew stronger here. Society was the one who judge me, the one I feared the most. But then life hit me hard on the face and I realized I couldn't stay like that forever. I learned how to be independent. To be so important for at least a single human being. To stand on my own without having to hold on to anyone. No more insecurity, I act as if that word never existed in my life dictionary before. I became someone full of passion, ambition, talents, and thirst of success. I know I'm still far from perfect, but I think it's safe to say that this time, I am the one that society fears.


So for those people out there who are still feeling so insecure about your body size, please don't mind much. If you /think/ that your appearance is no good (tho in this context I don't know who you compare yourself to), instead of letting your confidence level zero, you have to wear them exactly on your face. Never ever let a single comment or word thrown by those people drops your confidence. Enjoy this life, in whatever shape your body is, for God has made you beautifully this way. Personally for me, it doesn't matter how perfect someone is on the outside if he doesn't worth a shot in the inside ;) Just win the game with confidence, and you're all set!

Bad hair day, but still pulled it off because I'm fab as hell

I will always have a thing for handmade necklaces ♥

I don't understand the way I style myself. I guess my brain is stuck with one basic color when I'm picking my outfits. Usually I'll go for the shoes first, or the dress, or even a necklace to make combination for the rest of the outfit. Just like this one; one quick glance at the dress and my mind will go for all R E D. And pairing them with anything in red seems like I'm being in auto-pilot mode. People say this as color blocking (except the part that my dress still has patterns remaining). I guess I just love it this way when the color of my outfit matches perfectly with the rest of what I wear, like the shoes and accessories. What do you think? :)

12 comments:

  1. heiho, thanks a lot for dropping by at my blog. You have an interesting blog here

    thebingogenic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute Outfit! :)

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebecca! ^^

      Delete
  3. I love this. Everyone is insecure about something. This is such a great reflection on that. Senior year is when I stopped caring as well. I hope to see more of this from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa thank you so much for reading that long shit ;___; Most people don't really care about what I write haha so I just vomited word there~ It took years for me to realize that the only changing that would happen to me should be done by me first...

      Delete
  4. Nice dress dear! I love the red vibe :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  5. proud with batiks!:)
    nice blog.

    http://hexfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yay! I realized I never posted an #ootd that includes batik in it before ><

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you Christel! <333

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I genuinely read them one by one and check yours out too! This post and this blog is still far from perfect so help me out by leaving some advice here! c:

If you want a follow back, you can follow me first and leave your blog's URL in the comment section and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Again, thank you and see you on another post! xx