January 05, 2015

Through the years


I signed up for Blogger.com on 2009. I was highly-inspired by Clara, a veteran blogger in fashion blogging. Her former blog, Sunflares Plethora was such an inspiration for me. I fell in love with everything she put on her blog. The way she writes, the way she takes photos. Although now she’s developing it to a whole new level and blogging starts becoming her ‘job’, I still prefer the old her. She doesn’t write as much as she used to, her blog is starting to be crumpled with advertisements and all the nik-naks of fashion blogs mostly.

My first blog, I still remember the title, “Black Crown Kingdom”. And even until now I still can’t figure it out why I picked that name. I went as Lady Black Queen. Thinking that an eccentric name would attract more people to read my blog. And I was more than happy when one day Clara commented on one of my post. Just once, though. But ever since that I kept trying to improve my blog’s quality.

In 2011, if I’m not mistaken, I deleted some posts in my blog and made a theme for the blog. To make sure I have something iconic. It didn’t work, honestly. And I deleted everything and went on a hiatus because of crisis identity. Finally in 2012, I restarted everything and created a brand new blog, Ginfragont. It was just a jumbled word coming out of nowhere and I put it up as my blog’s title because I couldn’t find the right title to describe me yet. Only until then, in the mid year I changed it into Lucid Dreams because of the recent diagnose from my psychiatrist that I had some lucid dreams behavior.

That being said, Lucid Dreams—the blog—is like a living documentation of my life. About the dreams and life plan I have. It has witnessed a lot of things; from my stupid crush at high school to many of my achievements. Everything. I made friends through blogging, both from Indonesia and outside the country. I was obliged to learn Photoshop because I wanted to make blinkies for my blog (header and such). Blogging has given me a lot of opportunities and I even got some freebies from writing my thoughts on the net! Wicked, isn’t it?

So to everyone who has been there since the very beginning, I wanna say thank you. Thank you so much. It’s going on its fourth year now. But I just can’t wait ‘till mid year to post my gratitude to my readers. I can’t believe that my crappy writings could attract so many people, even international ones.

Happy birthday, lucidreams! Lots of loveeeee ♥♥♥

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comments! I genuinely read them one by one and check yours out too! This post and this blog is still far from perfect so help me out by leaving some advice here! c:

If you want a follow back, you can follow me first and leave your blog's URL in the comment section and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Again, thank you and see you on another post! xx