Sweater weather

February 24, 2015

MIOS sweater, Airwalk shoes, unbranded pants, Eternal Girl necklace

Rainy days. What do you guys do when it comes to rainy days? I bet the answers will be the same to mine; snuggling into my blanket, listening to slow music all day, having warm drink, or simply read a good book. But do you really do that? Or you just sleep the rain away? ;D Rain helps me sleep easier, that's why I feel happy when it rains during my bed time because thus I will sleep faster. If the rain falls during day time where the sun is still shining, I will go out and sit in front of my room just to take in all the petrichor. What is petrichor, you ask?

pet·ri·chor
/ˈpeˌtrīkôr/

noun

A pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.


I remember I was changing my profile picture with this one, and I was quite butt-hurt to read the comment made by my senior. Nothing personal, actually. And she was referring to no one. But she was cheering on me to get thinner. Well, surprise surprise, I have no intention to tone down my size again. Not now, not in the near future. I mean, I love my body, whatever the size is. Years I have lived this life and my size has always been the same. And somehow I don't see a problem for being in this size. Sure, there are days where I feel insecure because my upper arms look really big in photos or where my upper thighs are so huge like they're pieces of watermelons (like in these ones). But for toning down my size and be thin...? I guess that's where you go wrong about me. I have come to the state where I'm comfortable with my body. Whatever the shape and the size is. Still, I do sports and eat less carbs for the sake of my health. My father has a diabetes, and we all know that I have bigger chance to inherit the disease compared to my brothers. So no, I don't want to be skinny or thinner if it's for the society. Anything I do should be done because I love myself.


Let me tell you something, the sweater isn't rightfully mine. LOL. Yes, if you're a long-time reader of mine, you must have known that I love stealing my friends' clothes and wear them around! This time though, my best friend, Tara, lent me her father's super big-sized sweater to me because my blanket was being washed and I had to wait until a few days before it got returned. And because Jogja's weather is being unpredictable, I need something to keep me warm at night. It really feels cold and you can feel the sudden decreasing of temperature on the evening.

14 comments

  1. That sweater is amazing and suits you so well. :)
    And don't let anyone tell you to get thinner - you are so pretty the
    way you are. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are cute with that over sized sweater

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your shoes <3

    milkamelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sweater! Really nice :)
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cuteee! I love a big sweater and u mix and match with hot pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that sweater! Your style is so cute x

    ReplyDelete