June 04, 2015

Switch your lens

 Laid Back t-shirt, Gesale skirt, Viola shoes

Hello hello! I can't believe it's June already! We're in the mid of 2015??? How fast time flies, eh? June opens a new adventure for me. I've got a lot of project going on in my art group since last month I just got chosen as one of the head of department there. And I would say it's such an honor because being in this position means I have more duties and responsibilities. I will take more choices and work harder in order to keep my plans going. Not to mention that the team this time will include my favorite people so I hope I can work together with them!


Do any of you guys know the brand LAID BACK? I was doing blog-walking one day when I suddenly came across Graciella's blog and read her latest post. She was opening a new online shop on Instagram called LAID BACK. The name's so simple and the meaning itself in Indonesian is funny. When I looked at the first batch of the collection, I quickly fell in love with the t-shirt! It screams my name; casual t-shirt, two-tone, typography design, simple. All of my favorite things combined into one, how can I resist not to bag one of their collection home? It's really casual and I love the material because it's light and cool, literally. But really, it's cool. My friends love it as much as I do!


Fashion for me isn't always about the brand or the sky-rocketing price tag; it's about its function and comfort as well. That watch, for example, I bought it for fifty thousand rupiahs only at Ambarukmo Plaza. It's such a cheap watch, but I was in need for black watch. As long as it's working, that's all that matters to me. It was sold right next to a Daniel Wellington but since I'm not financially okay to buy DW watch, I chose this one instead. I wasn't even familiar with the brand, but who cares? It's black anyway. Same story goes to my platform shoes as well. Another thing I love about living in Jogja is that there are so many fashion store here with low to mid-priced stuffs. I saw this shoes one day when I was accompanying my friend looking for a blouse. I was in need of a pair of white shoes. And since I didn't have a platform shoes yet, I came back the next day to bag them home. For only IDR 110k. Sorry if it looks unclean because this shoes have been my favorite one ever since and I keep wearing it everywhere, ha! It's really comfortable and cool! :)

Final exam is coming around the corner. I still have many papers to be done for now. So I'll leave you guys with this post for now. Ciao and wish me luck! xo

55 comments:

  1. What's the funny meaning for Laid Back in Indonesia, please tell cos I don't get it?? I love the shirt as well, but even more your shoes, they're like perfect combination of trendy and rebel <3

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow *-*
    You are veryyy cute <3
    http://diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet fabulous<3

    Checkout mine?
    http://paramitadana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sukaaa top nya keren :)

    http://sonya-thaniya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your style

    OLLYVIA LAURA | INDONESIAN STYLE, TRAVEL & BEAUTY BLOGGER |
    NEW POST "Natural Honey Blog Competition"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree about fashion is not just about branded stuff
    it's about how you express yourself in form of clothing :)
    good luck on your art projects

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, totally true! Love your black and white look, Dyn! Your white creepers are killer, dear! Appreciate your comment on my blog, sweetie! Following you on bloglovin and Instagram! <3 Good luck for you and your art group!! :)

      Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  7. you look great Honey! :) awesome pics and i see that you have a lot of fun during this photo shoot :) nice job! follow u on GFC! :)
    greetings,
    Vivi:)
    Vivienne Night Blog

    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice outfit(:
    bajunya cocok banget sama sepatunya

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome look! Love your style! :)

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous !!! you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit ! I like it ! Good luck for your exams :)

    I have just followed you on GFC (#781), please, follow me back :)

    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool outfit! i love how you styled the photos and that *laidback* look is awesome
    xx Sarah
    Russian Dressing

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool look, great casual top.

    xx Falasha

    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. i agree with your sense of fashion, because we're the same. it's okey for me to buy unbranded things as long as i need them and they were comfortable to wear

    http://petitecovered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this outfit
    - Ellie
    @thatweirdoellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your shirt and shoes, you look absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an amazing look! love this laid back inscription....congrats on being chosen the head in your art group...keep up the good work but don't foreget to leave some time to be 'laid back' as this outfit implies.

    you look great!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great t shirt, smart photos :)
    Good luck in your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that shirt dress and your shoes are amazing
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great outfit, loving this look on you!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit, I love the shirt :)

    RedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on being chosen head in your art group. Cute laid back shirt. Thanks for visiting today.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fab look! Love the classic b/w theme and you pull this look off so incredibly well! Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabolouse look.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the outfit! You can never go wrong with Black and White!
    Good luck on your final exam xx

    THE UNKNOWN CLOSET

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, I really like your pictures ! xo
    Can we follow eachother ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    http://gorishelena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look so pretty in outfit, dear, I really like your shoes :) And good luck on your final :) Would you like to follow each other via GFC? Let me know and I'll follow you back ASAP :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your tee shirt. Thanks for stopping by!


    S.
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. pretty

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice outfit girl. I love your top! ♥

    Please check out my new post.And if you want, we could follow each other both on blog and Instagram. I'd love to hear something from you :)
    www.cielofernando.com

    BLOG | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  31. I also can't believe it's June already, crazy to think about! I'm happy for you and your exciting things coming up! It's always my favorite part of the year!

    Have a lovely day!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. precious look :) i love it, very fresh, very tumblr xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. You rock this monochrome look dear! ;)

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. i love your blog ;)) have an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing post, loving your outfit and the tee!

    Loving your blog, would you like to follow each other via GFC?
    Just let me know on my blog so I can follow you back, kisses.

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the whole outfit and I like your shoes! Thank you for your comment on
    Qing's Style

    ReplyDelete
  37. nice look <3 I like your style by the way!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. rad b&w fit!! love the accessories.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fashion is comfort for me too! Heck, I'd pick looking frumpy but comfy than stylish and hellish anyday! I think you balance comfy and stylish perfectly, those shoes are sooo cute!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, congrats on being one of the head of the department :) The outfit says it all. Too cute and i love how cheerful you pose for pictures :)

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. wah di Jogja jg? harus banget ke Museum Gunung Merapi! blog-able banget. Heheee.
    And good luck for the exams!

    xx
    http://sony-ann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi dear and thank you for stopping at my blog. I think black and white are always a good choice for elegant outfit and for casual outfit as this!!! Kisses,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are so pretty! Love this post :)
    xx Elisa
    www.francinesplacediy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I genuinely read them one by one and check yours out too! This post and this blog is still far from perfect so help me out by leaving some advice here! c:

If you want a follow back, you can follow me first and leave your blog's URL in the comment section and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Again, thank you and see you on another post! xx