Sparkles

March 03, 2018


I didn't get to write as much as usual because I went on a community service program from my university for 45 days in Gunung Kidul last December. And there was no chance for me make a blog post during that time because there was no internet connection at all. I spent my new year there with my colleague and we got to witness all these fireworks at the beach. Quite a pleasant view that I'd rather enjoy with my boyfriend but hey, a duty is a duty. I didn't make any new year resolution because I always set the same goal every year; to be happy and content with what I already have. I always live a greedy life and I've grown unhappy over time. I get tired and I wish I weren't this competitive with myself. And although it's the same old goal for me every year, it's also something that I have miserably failed to achieve.

I'm now entering the last semester of my study but I'm pretty sure I still need to extend for a year to finish my thesis so I still have to spend another boring year in Jogja. There I said it, this city is getting boring. There's nothing left for me in this city that I can enjoy because I've seen some of my friends graduating one bye one and it gets me really hard. Aside the fact that I miss my parents, I also need to prepare for my own career in the future, getting jobs and helping out my parents. I'll be 22 this April and that means it's only 3 years away until I'm 25 and I remember I told myself I want to get married by the age of 25 lol. Why does time fly so fast?

I also applied for a workshop held by the British Council that took place in Edinburgh. I really wish I could make it through the online selection, I really need the chance. I doubt myself, but at least I still give myself a boost of confidence to submit the entry.

I lost my camera's memory card. That's like the saddest thing ever happened to me because it contains all of my community service program's documentation. Photos, videos, everything! And I lost it all of a sudden, I don't even know any possibilities of places I could've lost it. Thankfully I stored some of the photos on my LINE's album. These firework photos included. Anyway, how do you like them? They're so beautiful, right? I like taking photos of firework. They're so beautiful.

I decided to change my blog's title and some of its buttons because I'm bored with minimalism. When I looked at my blog few days ago, I realized I needed more colors than just black and white and grey. And then I went to Color Lover and browsed for rainbow palette and found one. I like how everything turns out because it's so cute and lively now. I chose the word 'Matari' which means 'the sun' in sanskrit language. I have developed a special connection with that name. And so I thought I had to put 'lucid dreams' to rest and change her into something much more refreshing and fun. So... yeah. I think that's pretty much it. This is just a random post before I start posting about my super late trip with my boyfriend to Ullen Sentalu, The Lost World, and another in depth cafe review of Cafe Brick that I've promised you before.

2 comments

  1. Hello! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, how happy I am to meet you, another fellow photographer :) Oh I can feel your pain about losing your memory card! That is just such a heartache. I love the pictures of the fireworks you took, just lovely. Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you so much, Marilyn! Your presence in this blog just made my day!

      Delete