Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review

May 03, 2018


I probably have never shared this on the blog, neither on any of my social media about my beauty routine especially when it comes to rubbing off the make-up off of my face. But I have always been an avid fan of Pixy's make-up remover that doubles the work as a toner. Although I have an issue with it because it gets stingy and leaves a burning sensation on my face on some occasion, I still held on it very dearly. I used to use the blue one, and then I changed it with the green one that's more focused for acne-prone skin. But still, the problem with the burning sensation sets me off. Since I don't wear heavy make-up on a daily basis (and because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cleaning my face post make-up), Pixy became a staple for my make-up routine. Most people use milk cleanser before toner and I guess that's the best way to go? Considering the milk and the toner will deep cleanse your face. But as I've said before, I'm lazy. Thus the reason why I chose Pixy's make-up remover because they offer one-step-for-all kind of toner. 


Micellar water starts becoming so hyped quickly here in Indonesia because it claims to be stronger than any make-up remover, and the best part is they're alcohol-free. I don't really find any other issue with Pixy and I don't like trying new things when I'm already comfortable in certain products :p I wasn't even planning to try any micellar water because it's more expensive than non micellar water make-up remover (have you seen Bioderma's micellar water? Gosh). But I'm dying to see what it actually does because I gotta be honest, I don't like to cake my face with a lot of make-up, which is why I have to make sure I have a healthy and glowing skin to minimize the usage of make-up. The number one brand that comes to my mind when it comes to micellar water is definitely Garnier. It's basically everywhere. So I went to Mutiara and got myself the blue one, for oily and acne-prone skin even though I have combination skin that tends to get oily on the T-zone and dry on the rest of my face. But it's better to watch out for any possibilities of breakouts than to cry myself in regret. And so, I chose the blue one!


Today I didn't wear any make-up except for the brows since I wasn't feeling good this morning and decided that I'd go to class with bare face... with brows lol. I didn't even put any lipstick or powder on because I'm that ill :( Usually when I use Pixy to remove my brows, I will waste both sides of the cotton pad just for the brows only, and I will have to waste another two cotton pads to wipe off any dirt or oil on the rest of my face. But with the micellar water? Honey I don't even have to rub my face to hell like I always do! Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water definitely does what it claims to be, with gentle swipe, your make-up will be gone. I haven't tested it on water-proof or smudge-proof make-up but I have high hopes that it'll do just the same! I am definitely digging for this and I will repurchase. I have yet to see how my skin will react to the micellar water because some of my friends say it causes breakouts but I believe that everybody's skin has their own needs and so far, it doesn't leave any burning sensation on my face. Oh and, it actually doesn't smell of anything unlike Pixy, which is a plus point because I have sensitive nose.

All in all, I'll give this micellar water 8/10. It's not that pricey, I guess. I bought it at Mutiara's offline store for IDR 27.000 only which is pretty cool because sometimes other seller sells it for IDR 30.000. It's cheaper on their Shopee account but you have to pay for the shipping fee as well so yeah. Well, I hope my review helps you out! Expect more posts on beauty reviews because I bought a lot of things in April and I can't wait to share them with you all. Until next post!

Post a Comment